THE BURN BAN IS IN EFFECT, Y’ALL
Like most of Texas, Austin is suffering one of its worst droughts in history and a burn ban is in effect for the City of Austin
and surrounding areas. Please be hyper-vigilant during the Festival weekend. Avoid any type of activity that might cause a spark
and ACL Fest will stay a safe and fun weekend for all.
REDEEM YOUR WRISTBANDS EARLY
This year ACL has four box office locations
around Austin to make it easy for fans to redeem their wristbands before the rush at Zilker Park. Redeem before Friday, September 18th and you’ll be entered to win a pair of VIP Passes
! Stop by one of the following locations before things get busy and you’ll be able to use ACL’s new Wristbands Only Gate
to get to the fun faster!
- ZILKER PARK BOX OFFICE
Get a jump start on your ACL weekend right now by redeeming your 3-Day Pass for a wristband at our Zilker Park Box Office, located on Barton Springs Road across from the main Festival entrance and open until Thursday (9/15) from 12pm to 8pm. On show days, the Box Office is open from 10am to 10pm.
- AIRPORT BOX OFFICE
Redeem your 3-Day Pass for a wristband as soon as you hit the tarmac and grab your bags at Austin-Bergstrom International. Our ACL Airport Box Office is in the Baggage Claim and will be open Thursday, 9/15 from Noon to 8pm and Friday, 9/16 from 10am to 5pm.
- REPUBLIC SQUARE BOX OFFICE
At our Republic Square Box Office – located at the corner of 4th and Guadalupe – you can redeem your 3-Day Pass for a wristband on Friday, Sept. 16th from 10am to 8pm. After that, just hitch a free ride on the ACL Festival shuttles to get dropped off at the Barton Springs Entrance on Barton Springs Road.
- LAVACA BOX OFFICE
Downtown? Stop by our Box Office at Lavaca Street Bar – located at 405 Lavaca – and redeem your 3-Day Pass for a wristband on Wednesday, 9/14 and Thursday, 9/15 from 11am to 3pm.
GET TO ACL THE GREEN WAY
Choose from several earth-friendly, car-free options for getting down to Zilker Park and save yourself time and traffic troubles! You’ll also be doing your part to help us reduce ACL’s impact on the local environment, one of the Festival’s most important missions.
A friendly reminder, however, if you were still considering driving down: there’s no car parking around the Festival grounds
, and ACL encourages fans to be respectful of the neighborhoods surrounding the Festival grounds and not park on those streets. Instead, consider one of these convenient alternatives:
- Free Festival Shuttles will be running non-stop from 10am to 11pm for all three days of the Festival. Board at Republic Square (4th and Guadalupe) and get dropped off at the Barton Springs entrance. When you’re done for the day, hitch another ride for the return trip!
- Get a little workout by biking down to the Festival, where you can safely secure your cycle on the free racks near either entrance (Don’t forget to bring your own lock!) If you end up needing parts or a quick repair, stop by the Mellow Johnny’s Bike Station at both entrances for fix-ups, locks, lights, tubes, or any other last minute advice or gear.
- Scooter & Motorcycle parking is available off Robert E. Lee in the Barton Springs Pool parking lot for those sweet, stylish wheels.
- Pedestrian pick-up/drop-off is located on Stephen F. Austin Drive at the north end of the Mopac footbridge. From there it’s only a brief – and beautiful – walk across the MoPac footbridge to the Lady Bird Lake Festival entrance.
- If you’re a city slicker and you’d rather take a taxi, pick-up/drop-off is on William Barton, just south of Barton Springs. But why not share a lift with friends or strangers, saving some cash and cutting down on the carbon? See y’all there!
Click here for the Festival Map
DON’T MESS WITH THE CHAIR-FREE ZONE
Gotta keep those Chair-Free Zones clear! Make sure you’re pitching your folding chairs outside of the marked areas in front of each stage. Why have a chair-free zone? With all the action at ACL, patrons, security and emergency personnel have to be able to get where they’re going and dodging chairs shouldn’t be on the agenda.
Still, there’s a lot of space to stretch out at Zilker. Everywhere else outside of those designated zones is very chair-friendly. And just in case that chair or bag is becoming a burden, you can always drop it off for free at the American Airlines TM Bag & Chair Check
next to the Lady Bird Lake Entrance.
LINK UP AT ACL WITH MOBILE APPS, GROUP TEXT, WIFI & MORE!
Take advantage of technology to get the most out of ACL Festival’s 10th anniversary! Stay in touch with friends
inside – and outside – of the park, be in the know about cool happenings around the Festival grounds, know where to go when you need to take a load off and much more.
- After so much positive feedback from last year, ACL is once again getting together with GroupMe to utilize their group text messaging service in the Official ACL Festival App! Chat with multiple friends at once using any phone’s text messaging system and make meet-ups extra-easy by dropping a pin in the app and sharing the location with your group. Set up your groups in the “Group Text” tab of your ACL App, or head over to http://groupme.com/acl/.
- Get online with free Google+ WiFi at locations around the park! Hit up the Official ACL Map for hotspot locations.
- Download our FREE 2011 iPhone and Android Apps! Manage almost every aspect of your ACL Fest experience easily from the palm of your hand. Create a custom schedule (or simply sync up with your schedule on ACL’s website), get a multimedia rundown on this year’s artists, plot your course on the Official Festival Map, update your Facebook and Twitter and more!
MEET YOUR FAVE ACL ARTISTS AT THE AUTOGRAPH TENT
Stop by the Waterloo Records Autograph Tent
to shake the hands that make the music you love and secure a signature from dozens of artists out of this year’s lineup like My Morning Jacket
, TV on the Radio
, Social Distortion
, Foster the People
, Broken Social Scene
and many more. Austin’s proudly independent music retailer, Waterloo Records will be hosting these sweet signing sessions over by the Festival Store. See the full ACL Autograph Schedule
and plan your celebrity meet-and-greet!
STAY SUN SMART [AT ACL]
Newsflash: Texas can be hot
! While we’re all crossing our fingers for Mother Nature to send lots of lovely September weather ACL’s way, it’s still important to wear sunscreen, hydrate regularly and know your limits. ACL fans are allowed two factory sealed water bottles
(up to 1 liter each) into the Festival grounds per day. If you’re really serious about staying stocked with H2O, you can also bring an empty refillable container or CamelBak
and get topped off at the free, triple-filtered CamelBak Filling Stations
. Yet another option so you never go thirsty: pick-up some H2O natural spring water
at any Festival bar for just $2
. With its eco-friendly paper container, you can refill it when it runs out, or just flatten it and recycle.
Austin-Travis County EMS will be stationed at various locations outside the festival to care for and transport anyone who may need assistance inside or outside the festival gates. If you need immediate assistance, visit the festival’s Medical Tent near the Barton Springs Entrance
, or call 911. Even though temperatures have started to cool off, you are still at risk for heat-related illness. Click Here
to get tips to stay safe from heat during the festival.
And don’t push yourself too hard! Fans are welcome to chill out and freshen up at ACL’s many misting areas
. Remember, you can find all of these locations on the 2011 Festival Map
. One final reminder: grab an appropriate SPF sunscreen with UVA/UVB protection and reapply often!
LOTS OF WAYS TO TAKE A LOAD OFF
ACL Festival is whatever you want to make of it. That being said, sometimes during this awesome weekend you want to just take it easy. We’ve got you covered. There are laid-back locales all over Zilker Park where you can step away from the excitement and center yourself until you’re ready to rock again!
- Sip a chilly craft beer, and catch the weekend football games on Rock Island Hideaway’s big screens.
- Stop by the ever popular H-E-B Zilker Beach for some downtime or cool off at misting stations placed around the Festival grounds.
- Need a perk up? The HOPE Farmers Market is the only place in the park to get a cup of coffee. Grab some java, view vendors’ wares and sample some of Austin’s local flavors.
- ACL Cares just east of the Barton Springs features organizations that are making this world a better place. Take some time to check out this important area and find out how you can help.
Check out the full list of Activities in the Park
MIND YOUR ACL DO’S AND DON’TS
You’d be surprised at what some people try to bring into the Festival. Brush up on ACL do’s
– and most importantly don’ts
– to save yourself a possible awkward moment at the gate. Our list of authorized and unauthorized items
is designed to keep fans safe and happy over the course of the weekend, so you’re going to want to leave marmots and margarita blenders back at the homestead. If you’re unsure about something else, the Official ACL Festival FAQs
will fill you in on the rules regarding re-entry/ins & outs and other critical details you’ll want to know before the big blowout begins.
PRIZES AND GIVEAWAYS GALORE AT ACL 2011!
If you haven’t heard, ACL’s turning ten this year. To celebrate a decade rocking out with the our incredible fans, we’re pulling out all the stop and firing off prizes and giveaways all weekend long
. Here’s a few highlights:
- Stay tuned to our Facebook and Twitter during the Festival for surprise gatherings, official aftershow ticket giveaways, signed swag from ACL artists and plenty of coupons and giveaways to our Austin Eats restaurants
- Help us keep Zilker Park clean and take home a FREE collectible ACL tenth anniversary tee! Just grab a bag from one of our four Rock & Recycle centers and pitch in to help us pick up recyclables around the Festival grounds.
- Stop by the Honda Zone and enter to win a shiny, new 2012 Civic Si Coupe. Click Here to simply sign up at the kiosk and you’re in the running!
BIG FUN FOR LITTLE ONES AT AKL
Austin Kiddie Limits
is a family-friendly favorite that promises to keep small-rockers-in-training busy with live music and activities that both teach and entertain
. This year, AKL is proud to present a line-up that will appeal to everyone in your clan — including some surprising special guests
! And wait until the tykes get a load of the activities they’ve got in store for them.
Kiddos can walk the walk, sporting Punky hair-dos and Rock Star Video Karaoke with 77 Kids – and a few (temporary) tattoos. Or explore the music with Zumba, hip-hop, drum zone and School of Rock workshops. On the creative end of things, they can decorate a colorful H-E-Buddy rock star puzzle, fill a canvas with Abrakadoodle, paint a Rockin’ magnet with Cafe Monet or discover an alter ego with Theatre Action Project. Why should adults have all the fun? The little ones are bound to have a ball down at AKL!