PREP FOR FALL WEATHER IN TEXASDrink water like it’s August. Look for free water fountains throughout Zilker Park. Slather on sunscreen early and re-apply often. Cool off in front of the cooling fans at Mr. Mister, Sister Mister, and Zilker Beach. And in case Mother Nature adds some showers to the weekend, consider schlepping your rain gear along. Find out where you can hydrate, cool off, and freshen up on the 2009 Festival map.
3 TIMES THE BOX OFFICE FUN!
- The Zilker box office is open. Beat the rush and redeem your 3-day pass for a wristband early at the ACL Festival Box Office at Zilker Park (located on Barton Springs Road across from the main Festival entrance). The Box Office is open Monday – Thursday from 3pm – 8pm. On show days, go straight to either Festival entrance to redeem your 3-day pass for a wristband.
- Flying into Austin? Pick-up your luggage and redeem your 3-day pass for a wristband at Baggage Claim at ABIA. Stop by the ACL Airport Box Office at the west end of baggage claim (near Carousel 1) on Thursday 10/1, noon – 8pm, or Friday 10/2, 10am – 4pm.
- Riding the free shuttle to the festival? On Friday 10/2 between 10am – 8pm, you can redeem your 3-day pass for a wristband at our Republic Square Box Office.
DO THIS. DON’T DO THAT.Don’t show up at Zilker Park with metal aerosol sunscreen bottles or your two-foot, 800mm camera lens and find out you can’t bring them into the show. Get prepared in advance! Peruse the ACL Festival FAQs for allowed and prohibited items, re-entry/ins & outs details, and other need to knows.
GETTING TO AND FROM ZILKER PARKThere is no car parking around the Festival grounds, so try one of the below options. And remember, don’t park in nearby neighborhoods.
- Free Shuttles run non-stop from 10am to 11pm for all three days of the Festival. Board at Republic Square (4th and Guadalupe) and get dropped off at the Barton Springs entrance. When you’re finished rocking, take a return trip.
- Bike down to the Festival and lock up your wheels on the free racks near either entrance (please bring your own lock). If you need parts or repair, stop by the Mellow Johnny’s Bike Station at both entrances for fix-ups, locks, lights, tubes, or any other last minute advice or gear.
- Scooter parking is available off Robert E. Lee in the Barton Springs Pool parking lot. That’s right…it pays to be hip. Maybe next year we’ll make spots for fixies.
- Pedestrian pick-up/drop-off is located on Stephen F. Austin Drive at the north end of the Mopac footbridge. From there it’s a short walk across the MoPac footbridge to the Lady Bird Lake Festival entrance.
- Taxis pick-up/drop-off on William Barton, just south of Barton Springs. Share a lift with friends or strangers!
PITCH IN, ROCK & RECYCLE, AND WINTake part in designated eco-mindful activities before and during the Festival. Not only does it make you feel warm & fuzzy, you’ll also be rewarded with cool gear like a collectible ACL t-shirt. Plus, the chance to win a brand spanking new 2010 Honda Insight hybrid! Find out how you can join the Rock & Recycle revolution.
MIND THE CHAIR-FREE ZONESPlease do not bring your folding chairs inside the designated Chair-Free Zones in front of the stages. Patrons, Security and Emergency Personnel must have room to move. You can lounge anywhere else on site. You can even drop off your bag or folding chair at the free American Airlines Bag & Chair Check (next to the Lady Bird Lake entrance) when you want to move up close to a stage, or just want to offload some weight.
3 WAYS TO STAY PLUGGED-IN & MOBILE AT ACL FESTIVAL
- Download the official iPhone app
- Sign up for Text Alerts: Text ACL to 44264
- Join in on the Photo-to-Screen fun in Zilker! Get your photos up on the Festival Jumbotrons and website. The best shots will win super sweet prizes (can you say VIP upgrades?) Keep your eyes on the big screens for daily calls for photos.
AUSTIN EATS & ARTSAustin favorites are slinging their fares at the Austin Eats Food Court and selling their wares at the SoCo Art Market. See what’s on this year’s menu. And discover which local shops will be setting-up in Zilker Park.
KNOW THE AUTOGRAPH SCHEDULEWaterloo Records, right next to the Festival Store, will be hosting signing sessions with dozens of ACL artists like Phoenix, Girl Talk, Coheed & Cambria, Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears, Passion Pit, Michael Franti, and many more. They’ll have the sharpie. You’ll have to get the schedule.
3 PRIME SHADE GRABBING SPOTSWant to take a quick break between sets? Try any or all of these places:
- Grab a seat and a cool drink, while you catch the weekend football games at Rock Island Hideaway.
- Kick back and cool off under the misting stations at one of the most popular chill zones in the park, the H-E-B Zilker Beach.
- Take a load off at a tree-shaded picnic table with sudsy brew at the Barton Springs Beer Garden featuring Heineken.
KEEP YOUR GEAR SECURE, OR VISIT LOST & FOUNDOnly bring the stuff you really need to the park and be sure to lock it up. Every year reveling fans loose valuable keepsakes in the throes of the show. Wearing your red pleather “Beat It” jacket is not only a lovely homage to MJ, its plentiful zippered pockets might just save the day. Lost & Found is located at the Info Centers, if you need it.